[News] Dr. Conrad Murray Sentenced For Michael Jackson’s Death
UPDATE: The 58-year-old is sentenced in the death of Michael Jackson for involuntary manslaughter.
Following Michael Jackson’s death in 2009, Dr. Conrad Murray has been found guilty for involuntary manslaughter in connection with his passing.
According to LA Times, a jury of seven men and five women decided on the verdict over two days. Murray was charged with the lowest possible homicide offense, facing a maximum sentence of four years in a state prison and a minimum of probation.
Murray, whose medical license was suspended by California authorities, now faces the probable loss of the license. His sentencing date is set for November 29th and will be held in custody without bail.
UPDATE: Judge Michael Pastor denied Dr. Conrad Murray probation and sentenced him to the maximum of four years in prison for involuntary manslaughter. The judge cited “gross continuing deviation” in his decision and rebuked him for “violat[ing] the trust of the medical community, his colleagues and his patient.”
- Dr. Conrad Murray Sentenced to Four Years in Jail for Michael Jackson’s Death [Photos] (wcbsfm.radio.com)
- Conrad Murray Sentencing: Doctor Gets Four Years for Michael Jackson Death (inquisitr.com)
- Conrad Murray Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison for Michael Jackson’s Death (madnewsuk.com)
- Conrad Murray to be sentenced in Michael Jackson’s death – CNN.com (therealwithdarylanddevon.wordpress.com)
- Dr. Conrad Murray sentenced to 4 years in jail (wwtdd.com)
Posted on November 29, 2011, in News and tagged California, Conrad Murray, Manslaughter, Michael Jackson, Michael Jackson death, Michael Pastor, murray, Sentence (law). Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.