[News] Simon Cowell’s new show The Worlds Best DJ
Cowell, who’s been developing this show for over a year now, calls DJs the “new rock stars” and says that the show will capture the trendy rise of “the “DJ phenomena.” The show, which doesn’t have a title yet, will operate similarly to the X Factor.
The show will be co-produced by Cowell’s company SyCo and production group Overbrook, which is owned by Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith. “As soon as I met Jada … I knew [Overbrook] would be our ideal partners,” says Cowell. “DJs are the new rock stars, it feels like the right time to make this show.”
Pinkett-Smith adds that “This show will comb the world to find a new breed of talent.”
No further details have been announced yet but somewhere out there, David Guetta is getting his audition tape ready.
ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!!!
- Simon Cowell Teaming Up With Sony And Will & Jada For DJ-Themed Reality Competition Show! (perezhilton.com)
- “American Idol” for DJ’s from Simon Cowell & Will Smith (gearslutz.com)
- Will & Jada Pinkett-Smith Working On New Reality Show! (hellobeautiful.com)
- @SimonCowell to launch DJ talent show #Follow @DJIVREAL (djivreal.com)
- Simon Cowell, Will and Jada Getting Set To Launch DJ Competition Show (923now.radio.com)
- Simon Cowell’s New Talent Competition For ‘World’s Best DJ’s’ (wycd.radio.com)
Posted on January 26, 2012, in Music, News and tagged best dj, David Guetta, Disc jockey, Jada Pinkett-Smith, new show, Overbrook Entertainment, Simon Cowell, Syco, Will Smith, worlds, worlds best dj, X Factor. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.